Employee relations issues can be challenging and complex for businesses and managing them can become time-consuming.
We pride ourselves on providing a genuinely dedicated and tailored support function to our business clients, providing them with the legal support and representation that they need to achieve their objectives effectively and efficiently, avoiding the pitfalls.
Whatever the nature of your query, whether leading you through a redundancy process, advising on the exit of an underperforming or disruptive employee or providing Employment Tribunal representation, we have the experience and expertise to guide you to your required commercial outcome.
How we can help you
We have over 20 years experience in employment law helping businesses of all sizes and across most sectors including: education, energy and infrastructure, manufacturing, private equity, retail and financial and legal institutions.
Our services for businesses include:
- Preparing service agreements for senior executives
- Drafting consultancy agreements
- Drafting contracts of employment, policies and procedures
- Preparing / advising on restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements and enforceability
- Providing advice and support in relation to grievance and disciplinary processes
- Advice on employee terminations and resignations
- Advice on restructuring and redundancy
- Support and advice with TUPE and outsourcing
- Advice and representation on allegations of whistleblowing
- Advice and representation on allegations of discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- Employment Tribunal Advice and Representation
We can also offer bespoke employment law training to your employees on employment law and related topics. For further information, see Training.
For further information on how we can help with an Employment Tribunal you have received and estimated fees see: Employment Tribunal Representation.
How we have helped
- Supporting the directors of a company with a redundancy process involving the termination of a number of senior employees, which presented a number of issues (employment related and personal) and resulted in a positive outcome.
- Advising a company on the employment aspects of its purchase of a retail business out of liquidation, a transaction that had be turned around within a few days in order to save the business and the jobs of the affected staff.
- Preparing employee documentation for a small business, including preparation of core policies and contracts.
- Representing a national retailer in its defence of an Employment Tribunal claim based on allegations of sex discrimination.
- Supporting an international manufacturer on the exit of a key member of staff who had raised allegations of race and sex discrimination, resulting in a swift and amicable outcome.
Why Choose Us?
- We have over 20 years experience in employment law: Our experience enables us to advise business clients of all sizes and sectors, across the full spectrum of employment advice.
- We are sensible, efficient and solutions driven: Our experience enables us to identify key issues quickly from an early stage and to map out a solution that delivers your required commercial outcome.
- We provide a genuinely personal and committed service: we are available to our clients at any time and on any day of the week.
- As a small specialist employment law firm with low overheads we are able to offer our clients competitive rates.
“Sarah’s help and support on a number of employment law issues over a near 15 year period has been invaluable to our business. Commercially minded, highly knowledgeable in her field and solution focused, Sarah is an asset to any company that she represents.”
“Sarah has helped Adcocks over the last 12 years with plenty of advice and guidance. Whether it be simply updating a contract or a potential major staffing incident she was always available to help. I have no hesitation in recommending her to other businesses. She’s an absolute star!”