Our Services – Overview
We provide employment law advice and representation to businesses and individuals in the following main areas:
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) related matters: working safely in / away from the workplace, absence from work and pay, furlough, managing holiday, changing terms and conditions, lay off and short time working, redundancies, the employment implications of COVID-19 vaccination
- Employment relationships: employee engagement, employment contracts, directors service agreements, policies and procedures, staff handbooks, disciplinary issues, grievances, dismissals, confidentiality, working time regulations, data protection, national minimum wage, restrictive covenants, consultancy and secondment arrangements
- Employee Rights: family friendly, discrimination issues, whistleblowing, equal opportunities and diversity
- Restructuring and redundancy: consultation, contract variations, fair selection and redundancy processes
- Employment Tribunal representation
- Collective agreements, trade union relations, works councils and employee representative bodies
- Employment aspects of outsourcing, buyouts, mergers and takeovers and other commercial transactions / TUPE
- Employment of workers and employer obligations
- Settlement agreements
Our charges are calculated mainly by reference to the time spent in dealing with your matter, based on our hourly rate of £225 plus VAT (currently 20%)
We are able to offer fixed fees in some circumstances.
Some of our clients have legal expenses insurance covering employment law claims.
We will discuss funding options with you, and provide a quote containing our charges and information relating to any disbursements payable by you, at the outset and keep you informed all the way through your matter. Disbursements are costs relating to your matter that we need to pay third parties outside our firm on your behalf (such as photocopying costs or barrister’s fees).
See some examples of how we price a wrongful / unfair dismissal Employment Tribunal claim.